Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo

Atom Retro!

runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:  1  2 

 
Scooter Stu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

I spend quite a lot of time on here!
Global user

Registered: 07-2003
Location: The North's gonna rise again
Posts: 1084
Reply | Quote
Leeds 1969


]Leeds 1969

That can't be right.....

A full panneled, racked and mirrored scooter in 1969 emoticon

Last edited by Scooter Stu, 12/Nov/08, 6:03 am


---
Don't Dig It There......Dig It Elsewhere....You're Digging It Round...... And It Ought To Be Square
12/Nov/08, 6:02 am Link to this post Send Email to Scooter Stu   Send PM to Scooter Stu
 
garythemod1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

I can't possibly have a job, as I'm always on here!!
Global user

Registered: 08-2005
Location: east london la la laa
Posts: 6786
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


I'm pretty sure that we had a film and audio recording crew visit us on the Isle Of Dogs in the same year.

Loadsa questions about life, school, parents etc. I'd love to hear the interviews we did again. Would be all faaaaaackin's and kuntin's and giggling. emoticon

Nice one Stu.

Does anybody here follow that series on telly called 7 Up?

They filmed kids from various parts every 7 years - the premise being 'show me the child and I'll show you the adult' typafing.
12/Nov/08, 8:45 am Link to this post Send Email to garythemod1   Send PM to garythemod1
 
Jeffthefish Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 07-2003
Location: East London
Posts: 7150
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


We had this thread before didn't we a coupla years back, but since then I've come across loads of Mod stuff from that era, and met a few too. I had a conversation with 30 ex Mods at work a few months back and got them to answer loads of those niggly questions. One was " when was the best year for being a Mod?" the anwer? 1967! emoticon "Up the junction" came out in 1968 for a start... history rewrites itself in strange ways...

---
ooops!...... did I err???

http://www.myspace.com/billysaturday
12/Nov/08, 10:16 am Link to this post Send Email to Jeffthefish   Send PM to Jeffthefish
 
Scooter Stu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

I spend quite a lot of time on here!
Global user

Registered: 07-2003
Location: The North's gonna rise again
Posts: 1084
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


quote:

garythemod1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that we had a film and audio recording crew visit us on the Isle Of Dogs in the same year.

Loadsa questions about life, school, parents etc. I'd love to hear the interviews we did again. Would be all faaaaaackin's and kuntin's and giggling. emoticon

Nice one Stu.

Does anybody here follow that series on telly called 7 Up?

They filmed kids from various parts every 7 years - the premise being 'show me the child and I'll show you the adult' typafing.



Spookily we did too, around the same time just after the mine closed and threw most of the men out of work and the factories that sprung up to replace it employed mostly women.

Most of the questions seemed aimed at changes in male/female role models as they were what does daddy do during the day, what does mummy do, draw a picture of daddy etc.

Think we had follow up visits for a few years after a bit like 7 up.

I'm glad to say it didn't affect me, I have never had the urge to hoover or wear a pinny. emoticon

---
Don't Dig It There......Dig It Elsewhere....You're Digging It Round...... And It Ought To Be Square
12/Nov/08, 1:19 pm Link to this post Send Email to Scooter Stu   Send PM to Scooter Stu
 
Scooter Stu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

I spend quite a lot of time on here!
Global user

Registered: 07-2003
Location: The North's gonna rise again
Posts: 1084
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


quote:

Jeffthefish wrote:

We had this thread before didn't we a coupla years back, but since then I've come across loads of Mod stuff from that era, and met a few too. I had a conversation with 30 ex Mods at work a few months back and got them to answer loads of those niggly questions. One was " when was the best year for being a Mod?" the anwer? 1967! emoticon "Up the junction" came out in 1968 for a start... history rewrites itself in strange ways...



Yeah I think I posted a link to the photographer's previous website

My comment was a tongue in cheek reposte to people who seem to apply strict dates and stereotypes to the era.


---
Don't Dig It There......Dig It Elsewhere....You're Digging It Round...... And It Ought To Be Square
12/Nov/08, 1:22 pm Link to this post Send Email to Scooter Stu   Send PM to Scooter Stu
 
Jeffthefish Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 07-2003
Location: East London
Posts: 7150
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


Well I used to be one of those, but no longer.

---
ooops!...... did I err???

http://www.myspace.com/billysaturday
12/Nov/08, 4:37 pm Link to this post Send Email to Jeffthefish   Send PM to Jeffthefish
 
garythemod1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

I can't possibly have a job, as I'm always on here!!
Global user

Registered: 08-2005
Location: east london la la laa
Posts: 6786
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


quote:

Scooter Stu wrote:

quote:

garythemod1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that we had a film and audio recording crew visit us on the Isle Of Dogs in the same year.

Loadsa questions about life, school, parents etc. I'd love to hear the interviews we did again. Would be all faaaaaackin's and kuntin's and giggling. emoticon

Nice one Stu.

Does anybody here follow that series on telly called 7 Up?

They filmed kids from various parts every 7 years - the premise being 'show me the child and I'll show you the adult' typafing.



Spookily we did too, around the same time just after the mine closed and threw most of the men out of work and the factories that sprung up to replace it employed mostly women.

Most of the questions seemed aimed at changes in male/female role models as they were what does daddy do during the day, what does mummy do, draw a picture of daddy etc.

Think we had follow up visits for a few years after a bit like 7 up.

I'm glad to say it didn't affect me, I have never had the urge to hoover or wear a pinny. emoticon




They kept asking me if I liked films about Gladiator's and the smell of the changing room's at school......................
 emoticon emoticon emoticon
12/Nov/08, 6:47 pm Link to this post Send Email to garythemod1   Send PM to garythemod1
 
garythemod1 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

I can't possibly have a job, as I'm always on here!!
Global user

Registered: 08-2005
Location: east london la la laa
Posts: 6786
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


Stu, I've pasted this fro a punk site I go on -

Excellent pic of an an excellent scooter this eh? You being a Modist may like to know the RLSC on the helmet stands for Red Lion Scooter Club, named after the pub where they'd meet for runs etc. My brother ran with them in the mid 70's.


I heard about the (linked) Leodis site when I was up at Christmas round a friends house, she had this great arty old photo on the wall of this Viv Nicholson looking woman in a headscarf stood on her front step. It was her bloody mother, she'd seen it on the site and contacted them about it. Forget where they were living so can't search the archive for it but its a corker, like a lot of them on there.

(from a guy named Skullduggery that was).

 emoticon
12/Nov/08, 7:21 pm Link to this post Send Email to garythemod1   Send PM to garythemod1
 
Scooter Stu Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

I spend quite a lot of time on here!
Global user

Registered: 07-2003
Location: The North's gonna rise again
Posts: 1084
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


I'd already made a tentative guess that RLSC was the notorious Red Lion

Nice to have it confirmed.

Ask Skullduggery for some pics emoticon

---
Don't Dig It There......Dig It Elsewhere....You're Digging It Round...... And It Ought To Be Square
13/Nov/08, 7:06 am Link to this post Send Email to Scooter Stu   Send PM to Scooter Stu
 
katie12 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 11-2012
Posts: 1
Reply | Quote
Re: Leeds 1969


Hi, does anybody on here remember Adrian Dromey. 6ft 6" lived in X gates. Kate
6/Nov/12, 8:22 pm Link to this post Send Email to katie12   Send PM to katie12 Blog
 


Add a reply

Page:  1  2 





You are not logged in (login)
Please note:Do not post pictures of a racist, pornographic, or otherwise questionable nature.
The webmaster and moderators reserve the right to remove anything they want!